The Justice Party (www.justicepartyusa.org) is a non-traditional political party—an alternative to the duopoly presented by the Democratic and Republican parties—whose mission is to bring about social, economic, and environmental justice and to restore our government to one of the people, by the people, and for the people. Formed in late 2011, Rocky Anderson (Justice Party co-founder, former two term mayor of Salt Lake City, Utah, and outspoken critic of the Bush and Obama administrations) was its first candidate and mounted a campaign for the 2012 presidential election. The current organizational structure of the Justice Party includes the National Steering Committee ("NSC") (which is responsible for establishing the party's platform and strategic plan, spearheading the formation of state parties, and collaborating with other groups to bring about social change through the execution of the Party's Mission) and several state parties (which are responsible for recruiting local candidates to run for office under the Justice Party banner, locating candidates who qualify for endorsement by the Justice Party, and addressing local issues of importance). The NSC, presently consisting of five members, is seeking four additional members who are very knowledgeable about the political crises in the United States, very committed to and adept in working with others to bring about the needed political and societal changes, and have backgrounds and skill sets that will complement and support the present members of the NSC. This is an extraordinary opportunity for qualified individuals to join a new organization with the potential to change the world (literally).
To the right candidates we offer:
- Engagement in a professional, collaborative, committed, and energetic environment with a broad array of exciting opportunities to help build a new political party and social movement;
- Limitless possibilities to work with other knowledgeable people committed to bringing about social, economic, and environmental justice;
- The opportunity to play a critical role in building an embryonic political party into a national force that will precipitate sustainable social change; and
- Long hours, no remuneration, frustration (arising from the slow pace of change), and immense satisfaction from small but consistent victories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit state party leaders and counsel them in the development of Justice Party branches in all 50 states;
- Create and implement campaigns for addressing some of our country's most pressing issues, e.g., the Minimum Wage Campaign;
- Work collaboratively with other organizations seeking to achieve any of the same objectives pursued by the Justice Party;
- Conduct research and prepare reports and position papers on high profile issues;
- Establish and actuate marketing programs to create awareness about the Justice Party;
- Respond to inquiries from interested persons regarding membership in the Justice Party;
- Attend and participate in political and social cause events to present the need for and reasons behind the Justice Party and/or its issues positions;
- Provide updates to the website with actions of the Justice Party;
- Educate and recruit additional members of the Justice Party;
- Raise capital to expand the operations of the Justice Party; and
- Perform various administrative tasks attendant to operating an embryonic organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be affiliated with the Justice Party1;
- Must be a confident and assertive self-starter, a team player, and an innovative problem solver;
- Must have:
- a strong desire to improve our political system and our social construct;
- a strong work ethic, and must work well under pressure, and have a performance-based mentality;
- the ability to devote an average of 10 hours per week to Justice Party matters; and
- the flexibility to participate in the NSC's bi-weekly conference calls, and other calls and events as necessary.
- Preferred to have one or more of the following:
- Political engagement or community (grass roots) organizing experience;
- A present knowledge of the Justice Party's Platform;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills;
- Experience in fledgling organizations;
- Leadership and management experience (including strategic planning and execution);
- A working knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word; and PowerPoint; and
- A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, or a J.D. (law degree) or M.B.A.
- Helpful to have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in the NGO community;
- Background in political/charitable fundraising;
- Media experience;
- Conversational proficiency in at least one language beyond English
Please submit your current resume and a personal statement (limited to 600 words) describing why you want to be considered for membership on the Justice Party's National Steering Committee and your three most salient qualifications therefor through our Contact page.
1The Justice Party is a non-traditional political party whose primary objective is to bring about social, economic, and environmental justice by, inter alia, removing the corrupting influence of money from the political process. Membership in/affiliation with the Justice Party can co-exist with membership in or affiliation with other political parties. In other words, the Justice Party (unlike other political parties) does not require exclusivity. Rather, affiliation with the Justice Party simply requires agreement with the Party's Vision, Mission, and Core Values, and the desire to engage with and support the Justice Party regarding one or more of its campaigns, platform issues, or Justice Party candidates.
Download this page as a PDF.